Sunday, July 6, 2014

BLUEBERRY GALETTE

Berry Galette from Smitten Kitchen

I love making berry galettes - so easy and tasty.  I  found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen for Blue and Red Berry Ricotta Galettes.    


Deb Perelman offers up the recipe here.   I wish I could get mine to look so nice. I'm not a pie dough maker, so I opt for using refrigerated pre- made pie dough.  Actually doesn't come out to badly - I add an egg wash and sugar to the top and the crust gets nicely flaked and browned. However, I may try her suggestion of cutting a pentagon shape in the dough to get the nice triangular fold overs and the star shape in the center.   This recipe works wonderfully with any combination of berries or fruit.  And...you could also do a veggie version for a brunch.

Here's mine getting ready to go in the oven.






No comments:

Post a Comment